Paterson's Studio, 344, 346 Sauchiehall St., 1895 - 1896

The peaked shoulders on the first cdv confirm a date in the mid 1890s. It is not clear whether there was a genuine change of name of the company in this period, or whether it was just a different representation on the cards themselves. The designation was used again eight years later in the 20th century. The gilt & chamfered card backing on the second cdv was 'Manufactured for J. J. Atkinson at Berlin'. but is similar in style to one from Paterson Photographic, dated provisionally to the mid 1890s. The low negative numbers suggests the first year rather than the second. The proprietors, Stewart & Gunn are recorded between 1891 and 1895.

return to home button Return to list button